Friday, December 28, 2007

yoyofactory 08 888 review


Well I was not really planning on getting an 08 888 but I just happened to run across one at Bird in Hand in Chico. I know it will be rare and collectible some day :-). Anyway...it is packaged in a fairly plain white box with the new 888 logo on a sticker. Inside though lies all the goodness! Along with the yoyo is a nice pair of yoyo gloves (I'll never use) an extra axle and o-rings and a cool 888 pin. Then there is a nice light blue satin bag with the lovely 888 inside. This thing plays very well, nice and smooth and it feels great in the hand and on the string.
It comes stock with dorothy bearings both as the main bearing and the hubstack bearings. This makes for an excellent long spinning yoyo. I put in a ceramic koncave which makes it even better! Being machined from 7075 aluminum will be a great thing in the long run. I believe it should be very durable and resistant to dings and scratching. Overall this yoyo is excellent!! a definite five out of five stars :-)

No comments: